2012 I am ready for ya! (95.74%, .49 mths)

Ok, so the one thing that I am discovering about blogging is that it brings a new level of accountability into my life. It is working great for me in the debt realm so I am taking this opportunity to apply it to the life realm.

New years is a time where everyone talks about resolutions. Resolutions though are often quickly forgotten, in fact in my 30ish years on earth only once have kept a New Years reso. (2006 I quit smoking and haven't had a puff since) I assume I am not alone in my numerous resolution failures and so this year I propose we do something different. Let's not just be resolute but let us set goals, real goals, S.M.A.R.T. goals. The SMART acronym is borrowed from my business back ground and stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely.

And so here are my goals for 2012:

Physical - 160 lbs - ok so I realize I am not what most would consider fat but as I near closer and closer to the 180 mark I realize that I need to pay closer attention to my weight and health in general.

Education - 13 books - in 2011 I did 12 so why not push for one more. I strongly believe in growing your mind. I've heard it said that if you read one book on a specific topic per month for 10 years you would be considered an expert in that realm. My long term goals include being recognized as an authority in leadership and finances and so this short term goal will definitely play a part.

Business - 25 houses - As an established Realtor is quite an attainable goal. My sub goal is to have it done by the time I head to Africa in August, so there is a bit of extra pressure. To break this down a bit I would like to be the agent on 10 home buys, 10 home sells and 5 new builds. If you or someone you know would like to be a part of this goal give me a shout dwhitrow@gmail.com. Oh, and as a bit of an FYI for first time buyers the gov is giving up to $1850 back to you on your taxes if you get into the market this year so now is the time!

Financial - no unsecured debt - anyone who has followed my blog knows that I am on a crusade to eliminate the debt from my life. This one is more of a vow than a goal there will be no debt in my life beyond my mortgage by the end of 2012.

Spiritual - this one I find hard to make specific I could say read the bible or pray x amount but my real goal is to be Christ in peoples lives and not in a religious way but to be recognized as someone who honestly loves people and is an example of His incredible grace. So I guess in the interest of being specific my goal is to draw more people to Christ by my example of His love than I turn away by my example of religion.

And so there you have it. I truly look forward to this year and all the adventures that are in store! I would love to hear what your goals are so please comment and share :-)

Till next time, PLAN 2 PROSPER!

David Whitrow, CMA
Royal Lepage Regina Realty and Trademark Homes
dwhitrow@gmail.com


follow me on twitter @whitrow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thailand Adventures

Malaysia - Dave Life Squared