Everything is Spiritual

So its been far too long since I have posted, and for that I apologize, I promised to bring you all along on my journey to financial freedom and I kind of went off on my own for a bit there. I will catch you up soon on that adventure (a lot has happened) but for this post I just want to share what God has been doing in my heart in this time. You see, I had been lacking in the motivation/inspiration department for the past month or so but through that desert time came an awesome revelation.

I NEED Christ in my life! This is a common statement of Christians but unfortunately it can sometimes become just words. I would never have said that I didn't need Christ but actions speak a lot louder than words and my actions were screaming unbelief. Since early in the new year I must admit that I was being lax in my walk with God. Its not that I cognitively loved Jesus any less, I simply went through a period where I just didn't care, and out of that ambivalence I lost my dependence on Christ. In that loss of dependence I also lost my peace, and my confidence. I was now walking alone instead of following the one person I know I could trust and now had to break my own trail, I began to strive and because I was doing everything on my own strength I was burning out and nothing seemed to work right.

I hit my breaking point a week or so ago and I was like flicking on a light. I realized the things I was doing/not doing was starving my spirit. Thankfully it does take anything more than realizing you are off the path to get back on it when it comes to Jesus. 


Matthew 11:25 - 30 Says:


25  At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was yourgracious will.[g] 27  All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


So thank you Lord for your grace and mercy. It was a tough lesson to learn but by coming out of that time of darkness I truly am more appreciative of what it means to walk in the Light. And more than that I am ready to take on the world ;-)


Blessings all


D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thailand Adventures

Malaysia - Dave Life Squared