Memories are made by the people you share them with!

I had to do this post if only to give some honour to the people who made my time in Greece an incredible adventure. I met a tonne of new friends while I was there but this crew and I seemed to have a unique bond, it was like having an instant family. You guys were a blast and totally have a special place in my heart!

From Left to Right: Brit, Steph, Me, Dustin, Sam, Chad

The Wise's
Dustin Wise - The tall, blonde, surfer dude with a heart of gold. The guy just loves on people, you watch him interact with people you know that he just loves them. Caring, genuine and comfortable he's one of those guys that you meet for 5 minutes and feel like you have always known. He's also super talented and creative so if you need a wedding videographer in Cali, look buddy up!

Steph Wise - Dustin's lovely wife, Steph has a curiosity for adventure. She knows the right questions to ask and is always asking locals and researching what to see and where to eat. She's responsible for and receives photo cred for the incredible shot of me on the roman aqueduct below. Like myself, she's an ideas person blessed with vision to use her skills and abilities to help others and has the mind/spirit to make those visions a reality. God has already done some pretty cool things through her and I can not wait to hear what world changing adventure she goes on next.

The Roman Aqueduct we visited, seriously worth the hike!

The Mennonites
Sam, Brittany, and Chad - This trio would be an incomplete package if any one of them were missing. The comic genius that spouts from their mouths, playing off each other, cracking one liners at every opportunity guaranteed a smile on my face every time they were around. I also learned more about Mennonite culture than I ever even knew existed. Three absolute gems.

Sam - Potentially one of the funniest guys I have ever met. Loves God, music, Freeda espressos (did I say that right) and people and probably in that order. He has a strength of character that is impressive for a guy so young. His eye for adventure and willingness to serve are going take him to amazing places. He also loves to tell a good story, which he will have a good one when he tells his fgriends back home about walking miles in bare foot to see a roman aqueduct and not wanting to muddy his shoes. :-)

Brittany - My favourite line from Brittany "Sam, I just repeat what you say" and being that she does so at the most opportune moments made her hilarious. Sam's randomness + Brit's timing = PURE GOLD I'll just leave it like that. She also totally has a servant heart and was quick to volunteer on camp no matter what the task at hand was.

Chad - Sam's best friend and proverbial straight man, (also Brittany's brother)  Sam would be far less funny without Chad, these two are a package deal. Far more subdued than Sam, Chad is more about impact than volume but his value to this crew as a whole was unmistakable.

And more!
Hack - Probably the most laid back guy I have ever met. His sense of peace makes even me look high strung, I didn't think that was possible Ha! A hard worker and a born leader he accepted responsibility to take leadership with humility and attentive care. While I saw other Compound Supervisors spend a lot of time at the office, on his shifts Hack stayed out with the crew making sure everyone was covered and even the smallest of hiccups attended to. Truly it was an honour to serve alongside this man of God.

Vahid - Dude, you were only there for part of it but I love your heart, man! Keep letting Jesus take you on adventures.

Hallah - Unfortunately Hallah ended up on the opposite shift of the rest of us when the most exciting stuff was happening. Which is sad because she's this amazing woman who always made it clear she was there with us in spirit even though not often in person.

I could go on and on. The people at EuroRelief were awesome, the girls at the Mytilene Apartment made my mornings so bright as I had the honour of picking up their joyful smiley faces each morning.  The EuroRelief staff are such a solid group too. (Elton I honour you for the hours you put in that go above and beyond your job description. You may not think people notice it but they definitely do, you're doing great things man). The shift leaders - SO IMPRESSED! Young women and men getting things done in some intense situations. WOW. I don't think you understand how rare you are. All the YWAMers and i58 crew, brief moments crossing paths but great conversations all over the place.

I probably missed someone important. I usually do, so if you are like hey what about me, know it was awesome to meet you, and thank you all for being part of my journey.

David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thailand Adventures

Malaysia - Dave Life Squared